Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The CEO of any size company must be prepared to drive and grow the business. But it takes a whole lot more than just focusing on the results. That’s what today’s guest is passionate about and in our conversation today, Deborah Coviello explains the CEO’s Compass.
Deborah is the founder of Illumination Partners and the host of The Drop In CEO Podcast. She is also the author of The CEO’s Compass: Your Guide to Get Back on Track which is an excellent read for anyone in a leadership role. Today she enlightens us on what causes CEOs to find themselves off track and how to find their true north again. The compass concept is easy to understand and effective as she shows CEOs how to engage, grow, and develop people on their team. She is confident that coaching and growing people to become the best they can be is the driving force behind a successful business.
Listen on to our conversation to find out great tips on developing a strong team of valued individuals, how to effectively give and receive feedback in a safe environment, and the things to keep on your compass to follow to your destination.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Deborah’s Background as an Engineer and Her Extensive Journey
- The Things That Cause CEOs to Get Off Track
- The True North of Peace of Mind
- Elevating and Aligning People
- The Compass Points of The CEO’s Compass
- The Right People and the Right Processes Are Not Enough
- A Common “Ah-ha” Moment for the CEO
- Corporate Courage
- Making Course Corrections Using the CEO’s Compass Points
- Deborah’s Experience with CEOs Who Truly Value Their People
- Why Some CEOs Manage Instead of Coach
- Feedback is a Gift
- Three Things to Remember for Feedback: Continue, Start, and Change
- Creating a Safe Environment Through the Power of Listening
- Deborah’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Deb Coviello is the Founder of Illumination Partners and the host of The Drop In CEO podcast. For more than twenty years, she has been transforming businesses from within, elevating the talents of their organizations to new performance levels. Her experience has taught her to put tremendous value on people, whom she considers as the heart of every business. When hiring a consultant, Deb knows that the primary goal will always be a resolution to a problem. As The Drop In CEO Deb provides her clients with 25+ years worth of experience and strategy in Quality and Operational Excellence roles combined with her 20 years in the Flavors and Fragrance industry, to identify, assess, and solve the issues that are preventing their business growth. Certified as Lean and Six Sigma Blackbelt in Process Improvement, she has also developed significant leadership insight that “People’’ are your greatest tool in your toolbox. In order to deliver on her promise of offering “peace of mind,” she focuses on utilizing the talents of her client’s team and elevating them to new levels of performance, setting them up to better serve their organization.
Connect with Deborah Anne Coviello:
- https://dropinceo.com/about-us/Link and Resources
- The Drop in CEO Website
- Deb Coviello on Linked In
- The CEO’s Compass by Deborah A. Coviello
- The Drop in CEO Podcast
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast