Communication is a foundational skill that is crucial to any professional in any industry, but it is often the thing we struggle with the most. How can we become better and more confident with not only presentations, but communication as a whole? And with the words of today’s guest, “How would the world change if you were an excellent communicator?”
Today’s guest is Brenden Kumarasamy who joins us today from Montreal. Brenden is a master communicator and is using his skills to help build the skills of others through his coaching program and YouTube channel, MasterTalk. His ultimate goal is to help his clients become top 1% communicators in their respective industries and in today’s very interesting conversation, he demonstrates the power of strong communication skills. In this episode, Brenden gives tips on how to become a great speaker and gives us practice activities to work with on the regular. These activities need little to no preparation and he even shows us how they work on the spot.
Communicating precisely is an important life skill. How can you improve your skills to impact the world?
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Brenden’s Background in Competitive Speaking and Inspiration for Master Talk
- The Foundational Skill of Communication
- Random Work Exercises and How to Practice Presentation Skills
- What Separates the 1% Top Communicators from the Average
- Communication Goal Setting
- Where to Start to Improve Public Speaking Skills
- Preparing for a Presentation Like a Jigsaw Puzzle
- The Different Balls to Juggle While Speaking
- Why People Struggle With Presenting
- Having an Impact Through Remote Presentations
- How to Help the Speaker as a Recipient
- How Would the World Change if You Were an Excellent Communicator?
- Brenden’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Brenden Kumarasamy is the creator of MasterTalk, a YouTube channel that teaches people how to make better presentations and master the art of public speaking. Starting out as a competitive presenter in college, Brenden discovered the need for coaching in this area. MasterTalk has become more than a YouTube channel and now Brenden serves ambitious executives and coaches to become top 1% communicators in their industries. MasterTalk was created to help the world master the art of communication. Through a series of educational content, Brenden’s goal is to be the bridge between everyone’s ideas. Through MasterTalk, Brenden has worked with clients in companies like Salesforce, Amazon, IBM, Morgan Stanley, Blue Cross, J. Water Thompson, Deloitte, Verizon, and many more.
Connect with Brenden Kumarasamy:
Links and Resources:
- Kadabra Leadership Teamwork Change Website
- Wendy Ryan on LinkedIn
- Learn, Lead, Lift by Wendy Ryan
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast