Your thoughts shape your reality, but if those thoughts are negative or undermining, they suck your energy and shift your focus from strength and self-confidence to worry and fear. As a leader, this is something we need to change so we can lead a successful team.
Renie Cavallari is today’s podcast guest and she is a source of unbelievable energy. She has a strong background in the corporate world but has been running her own consulting business where she focuses on team performance. Renie is also a best selling author of several books, but today we’re honing in on her most recent publication: HeadTrash: The Leading Killer of Human Potential.
So what is HeadTrash? HeadTrash are those thoughts and that negative voice in our heads that hold us back and destroy our mindset. With Renie’s guidance, we can understand the voice in our head, ask the right questions, and reframe our mindset to get unstuck from this cycle of negativity and disconnect.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- What happens when we talk to others the way we talk to ourselves
- The steps to take to “take out the trash”
- Owning our head trash
- The importance of this tool for leaders
- Is your mindset serving you?
- How head trash robs us of our potential
- The habits that decrease your emotional stress
- Changing the habits that do not serve you
- The impact of the questions we ask
- Becoming clear about the motivation behind a desire
- Shifting by changing the question
- Teams create their own lies
- The difference between a mediocre and successful performer
- The gap in onboarding
- Questions to ask yourself every morning to get yourself in the right mindset
- Renie’s book recommendations and daily rituals
About Our Guest:
Renie Cavallari is founder, CEO and Chief Instigator of Aspire and an award-winning international marketing and leadership expert. Her inimitable grasp of business and its challenges, along with her proven, innovative solutions set Renie apart as a captivating speaker, author, leader, coach, and strategist who has driven measurable results for businesses around the world for over 30 years.
Since founding Powered By Aspire in 1995, Cavallari has worked with hundreds of clients around the globe to challenge the status quo and effectively ignite change. Known for creative collaboration with customers to optimize revenues through strategic marketing & consulting, cultural alignment, and training, Aspire is recognized as an innovative change organization with revolutionary programming and research-based, field-tested, and protected processes that improve financial performance. Cavallari raises the bar.
Connect with Renie Cavallari:
- Powered by Renie
- Aspire Website
- RCI Institute Website
- HeadTrash: The Leading Killer of Human Potential by Renie Cavallari
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast