As the entire world shows the need for true leadership, we are faced with the tough questions of what that means and how we can not only lead, but lift as well. This episode is all about how to show up as a leader that makes a difference and the real definition of mindfulness in leadership. Author Wendy Ryan joins us today to share her expertise on the topic and will leave you feeling motivated and inspired.
Wendy Ryan is the founder and CEO of Kadabra and joins us from Silicon Valley. She is an expert in the field of leadership and change management and has worked with many organizations around the globe. Her recent book Learn, Lead, Lift is an excellent read that we discuss in detail in this episode. Today, listen as Wendy shares with us what it means to be a leader in a changing and volatile world, the importance of equity and inclusion, and how to face current leadership challenges we aren’t sure how to tackle.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Wendy’s Background and Her Broad Perspective
- Kadabra’s Purpose and Mission
- The Investments Wendy Makes in People and Ideas
- The Need for Diversity in All Businesses
- Who Wendy’s Book is Intended For
- Mindfulness and Self Awareness in Leadership
- Showing Your Values Through Your Actions
- The Issues in Managing a Multigenerational Workforce
- VUCA and What That Means for Leadership
- The Goal of Equity and Inclusion Over Diversity
- The Downfall of a Scarcity Mindset
- The Difference Between a Great Leader and an Average Leader
- Wendy’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Wendy Ryan is the CEO of Kadabra, an interdisciplinary team of leadership and organizational change experts based in Silicon Valley, California. With over 25 years of combined experience in human resources, organizational development, non-profit leadership and executive coaching Wendy has partnered with hundreds of individuals and organizations throughout the U.S. helping front-line through C-suite leaders and board members achieve success as individuals and in teams. In addition to her work with Kadabra, Wendy is an active mentor, strategic advisor and angel investor in early stage, BIPOC, LGBTQ++ and womxn-led companies and an advocate for expanding diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the investor and business ecosystem.
Connect with Wendy Ryan:
Links and Resources:
- Kadabra Leadership Teamwork Change Website
- Wendy Ryan on LinkedIn
- Learn, Lead, Lift by Wendy Ryan
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast