Joining us today is global leadership expert and author of The Vision Code, Oleg Konovalov. He is certainly a leadership guru and has extensive experience across the world with global companies. He has authored several other books, but today we dig deep into the importance of creating a clear vision. In his book, he details the six key criteria in creating a solid vision and in this episode, he helps us understand each one.
If vision is so crucial and important to a company or organization, why is it so difficult to establish and communicate? Oleg explains in this interview why leaders struggle with this aspect of business and the difficulty in getting past your own human connection to the past and your ego. Oleg’s book is excellent and highly recommended, but take a listen to this episode for a good outline of the valuable content he has to offer in creating a compelling vision.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- The Human Connection to the Past and Their Ego
- The Abstract Definition of Vision
- Emotional and Passionate Parts of Vision
- The Difference Between a Vision and a Mission
- Why Companies Struggle with Clarity
- Creating an Executable Vision
- How to Detach Yourself From Your Ego to Create a Vision
- The Six Key Criteria is Developing a Solid Vision
- Create Value for Everyone, Everywhere You Can
- Why Leader Spend Little Time on Communicating Vision
- Understanding Changes and Adjustments
- Revisiting Your Vision on a Monthly Basis
- Oleg’s Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Dr. Oleg Konovalov is a global thought leader, author, business educator, consultant, and C-suite coach. Oleg is named among the top eight global experts in leadership and shortlisted for the Distinguished Award in Leadership by Thinkers50. He is on Global Gurus Top 30 in Leadership, has been recognized as #1 Global Thought Leader on Culture by Thinkers 360, is #1 Global Leading Coach (Marshall Goldsmith Thinkers50) and has been named as one of the Top 10 Most Inspiring Global Thought Leaders. He is the author of The Vision Code (2021), LEADEROLOGY (2019), Corporate Superpower (2018), Organisational Anatomy (2016), and Hidden Russia (2014). His research identifies entrepreneurs’ and managers’ strategic needs in the areas of leadership. Oleg helps leaders to become the masters of the future and achieve new levels of success.
Connect with Oleg Konovalov:
Links and Resources:
- Oleg Konovalov Website
- The Vision Code: How to Create and Execute a Compelling Vision for Your Business by Oleg Konovalov
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast