In his recently published and very relevant book Slacking Off: A Successful Way to Work From Home, author Mike Arnold shares his 15 years experience in working from home. Over the years, Mike has admittedly made mistakes but has mastered confronting his time and managing his work as an entrepreneur all from home. Many of us were faced with changes in work environment and some continue to work from home after the onset of Covid-19 and although Mike’s book was in the works starting in 2018, the publication couldn’t have been more timely.
In today’s episode, Mike walks us through the common pitfalls many people experience when working from home and the many things we don’t notice throughout our workday. Mike also teaches us the importance of embracing the calendar to be effective and efficient in managing our focus. This episode and his book Slacking Off contain so much great content and several lessons that can help you feel more fulfilled in your work from home position.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Mike’s Background and Current Career as an Entrepreneur
- Confronting Your Time
- Common Pitfalls and the Things You Don’t Notice
- The Slack-Off Day – Doing Everything But Work
- The Power of Mastering Your Calendar
- Recognizing Your Needs First
- Realigning and Gaining Clarity on Your Purpose
- Leading Yourself Before Leading Others
- Facing Who You Really Are and Spending Time With Yourself
- Mike’s Book Recommendations and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Mike Arnold is a work from home entrepreneur with skills that range from business management, business development, time management, strategy, efficiency coaching, and much more. Michael has worked for over 15 years from home working for himself and major corporations such as Cox Automotive, Verizon SuperPages, and Major Commercial Finance companies. In his journey he has made many mistakes and has lived to share some wisdom to help you on your work from home journey. There are plenty of ways we can each learn from each other, and Mike shows how you can learn from his mistakes working from home and create your own successful actions.
Connect with Mike Arnold:
Links and Resources:
- Slacking Off Book Website
- Slacking Off: A Successful Way to Work From Home by Michael Arnold
- Facebook Page
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast