Hailing from Virginia, today’s guest is an expert on managing and leading a team through change. We’re no stranger to change especially in the last year, but how can leaders engage their teams and work together to embrace inevitable change towards high-performance and success?
Today’s guest is Rick Maurer. Rick is the president of Maurer & Associates, a consulting firm that provides expertise in implementing strategic and tactical change within the workplace. He is also the author of numerous books, but today we hone in on his most recent publication Seizing Moments of Possibility: Ways to Trigger Energy and Forward Momentum on Your Ideas and Plans which is currently available as a free eBook. It is a thoughtful and reflective book and in our discussion today, Rick explains how we lead people through change and promote curiosity. Listen on to find out how change is crucial and having everyone in the loop on the process is key to success.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Rick’s Newest Book Seizing Moments of Possibility
- The Speed and Amount of Change in Recent Years
- False Illusion That We Are Making Progress
- The Type of Energy Needed to Manage
- Real Life Examples of Understanding Change
- Simple Tweaks That Allow For Something New
- Why Change is Frightening to Some
- When Life Takes Over and Puts Great Ideas Aside
- People Problems and Leadership Headaches
- The Human Tendency to Resist Change
- Building Trust and Communication From the Start
- The Power of Influence
- Constant Gauging of Impact
- Feeling the Sense of Urgency
- The Common Phases of Major Change and Possibilities
- Understanding and Truly Seeing the Trajectory
- Rick’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Rick Maurer and his associates work with leaders who want to lead Change without Migraines™. We provide the expertise to help you identify even deeply hidden resistance and turn that opposition into support. Using the Change without Migraines™ approach, clients often find that even the most difficult strategic and tactical changes go more smoothly, and achieve their intended results. Their approach to leading change is unique. Knowing how to work with resistance is key to turning skepticism and opposition into support for major new initiatives. If leaders understand resistance they can often avoid it before it occurs – or get things back on track when a change is about to derail.
Connect with Rick Maurer
Links and Resources:
- Rick Maurer Home Page
- Seizing Moments of Possibility by Rick Maurer
- Free eBook Version Of Seizing Moments of Possibility
- Rick Maurer on LinkedIn
- Rick Maurer on Facebook
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast