Why do some companies fail while others succeed? What makes Amazon such a big winner while other, longer-established companies have now gone out of business or struggle to stay afloat? And how can we build our own business to the point where we can successfully sell it off for vast sums of money down the line?
My guest today is an utterly fascinating lady who shares insights that answer all of the above questions. As a seller of over 500 companies, Michelle Seiler Tucker is an expert at buying, selling, and fixing companies, and getting them on the buyer’s market. In fact, she has a reputation for selling businesses for way more than they’re worth (and has even written the book on it).
During our interview, she has so much great information to offer about every consideration for making a business attractive to potential buyers, and thus, sellable. She especially emphasizes being clear on when you want to sell your company, even when you’re just getting started as an entrepreneur. Listen as Michelle walks through her GPS Exit Model and 6P Method, pinpointing all the things that’ll make a difference in the growth and evaluation of your business.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- How Michelle Got Started and Her #1 Pet Peeve
- The #1 Reason Why 80% of Businesses in the U.S. Don’t Sell
- The Worse Time to Sell Your Business
- Michelle’s GPS Exit Model and How to Decide Your Business’s Destination
- Five Types of Business Buyers in the U.S. and Which Type Is Likely to Buy Yours
- Driving Up the Value of Your Business Using Michelle’s 6P Method
- Why the Business Landscape in the U.S. Has Flip Flopped
- Three Questions to Ask Yourself When Preparing for a Pivot
- Three Questions Amazon Asked Their Customers to Prosper and Win
- How Business Owners Wrongly Design Their Processes
- The Highest Value Driver of Business and Its Six Pillars
- Protecting Your Business Property and the Mistake Entrepreneurs Make With Contracts
- Why You Need to Have Your Own Database
- Why Lack of Profits Is Never the Real Problem
- How Michelle Sells Businesses for More Than They’re Worth
- When It’s the Right Time to Sell Your Business
- The Importance of Being Crystal Clear on Your Potential Buyer(s)
- The Book That Has Impacted Michelle the Most
About Our Guest:
Michelle Seiler Tucker is the founder and CEO of Seiler Tucker Incorporated. She’s a Merger & Acquisition Master Intermediary, Certified Senior Business Analyst, and best-selling author and speaker. For more than 20 years, she’s helped hundreds of entrepreneurs build scalable, sellable businesses and been a leading authority on buying, selling, and improving businesses. She currently owns and operates several successful businesses and continues to assist buyers in being their own boss, creating financial freedom, and increasing their quality of life. In her book Exit Rich, she’s packaged her extensive knowledge, experience, and proven formulas into a step-by-step process for buying, selling, fixing, and growing your business.
To reach Michelle, go to her website: https://seilertucker.com
Connect with Michelle Seiler Tucker:
- Michelle Seiler Tucker Home Page
- Exit Rich Book by Michelle Seiler Tucker & Sharon Lechter
- Sell Your Business for More Than It’s Worth by Michelle Seiler Tucker
- Michelle Seiler Tucker on Twitter
- Michelle Seiler Tucker on Instagram
- Michelle Seiler Tucker on Facebook
- Michelle Seiler Tucker on LinkedIn
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast