Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Normally on A Life and a Living Podcast, I have a guest that I am interviewing. This episode, however, we are doing something slightly different. Yes, I have a guest. But it is less of an interview and more of a conversation with my friend and colleague, John O’Gorman.
John and I work closely with many teams around the world and today we are sharing some observations from working with these teams. We use the metaphor of a PitStop as you will know from Formula 1. What happens in a PitStop can determine a win or a loss in the race. As in a Pitstop in F1 you have to slow down coming into the Pitstop and then accelerate with care coming out of it.. So what does that mean for the team? What does a pitstop actually look like? John and I discuss the purpose and the means for taking these steps back to address role clarity and priorities and how to avoid burnout and team fatigue. Especially after the last year and a half, many teams are experiencing burnout and struggling with prioritizing the right work.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- The Pitstop Metaphor That We Use to Improve Progress and Potential
- Slow Down to Speed Up: Important Conversations During a Pitstop
- How to Decide What Takes Priority – You Can’t Do it All at Once
- The Reality of Burnout
- Role Clarity or Lack Thereof
- Moving Dialogue to Confidence and Performance Gain
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Key Priorities for the Immediate Return
- The Right Way of Working
- Zoom Fatigue and the Negative Impact
- Opening Meetings with the Overall Purpose to Determine Relevance
- Understanding the Impact of Engagement on Positive Progress and Momentum
- The Power of Thank You
About Our Guest:
John is an accredited executive coach and managing partner of Growth PitStop®. His passion is performance psychology, unlocking human potential and aligning models of growth and performance thinking. John is also an Associate of John Murphy International.
To reach John, go to his website: https://growthpitstop.com/pitstop-team/
Links and Resources:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast