Overwhelm is a fact of life and in some ways we can look at it like a disease with no cure. But today’s guest proves that while things can feel overwhelming, especially in the business world, that overwhelm can be managed and is all in your head.
Mark Silverman is today’s guest and shares his extraordinary background story. He went from rags to riches and then rags to riches a second time and in this motivational conversation he explains why it took him two tries to get it right. It all came down to a shift in thinking that was sustainable. Mark is the author of Only 10s: Confront Your To-Do List, Transform Your Life and as an author with ADHD, he has learned ways that help manage overwhelm and make sure you are not cluttering your brain with things that are low-priority or things that don’t even need to be done in the first place. He brings to the conversation a lot of great actionable tips and an exclusive link for Winning Teams listeners to access video content about this strategy.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Mark’s Interesting Backstory and How He Found Success on a Crooked Road
- How Midlife Catches the Things That are Not Sustainable
- Mark’s Journey Back to Success
- The Current State of Stress Everyone is Experiencing Right Now
- The Key to Making This Shift Sustainable
- How Reading, Learning, and Meditating Helped Begin This Shift
- Looking for thing Things “Behind” Your To-Do List
- Following Your Intuition and Focusing First on “The 10s”
- Overwhelm as a Disease and How to Find the Cure
- Where Overwhelm Really Is: Your Mind
- Mastering Difficult Conversations and Delegating
- The Importance of Holding People Accountable
- Things Leaders Do to Create Overwhelm
- How to Deprioritize to Lesson Overwhelm
- Mark’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Mark Silverman is no stranger to overcoming adversity and mastering his own overwhelm. When he was 27, he was homeless, 135lbs, and living in his truck. 10 years later he was a millionaire. Mark is on a mission to take the lessons learned along the way, paired with his business acumen, to help others define and achieve their own successes.
Mark came to coaching after a successful career in technology, where he generated over $90,000,000 for fast-growing startups by bringing together executives, technical leaders and stakeholders to close complex multimillion-dollar sales. He brings his leadership experience, together with his coach and facilitation training, to his clients helping them achieve sustainable success in all areas of their business and lives. He is the author of the Bestselling “Only 10s 2.0 – Confront Your To- Do List, Transform Your Life” which has sold over 75,000 copies to date. Mark helps CEOs and Senior Leadership teams focus on making sure the right work gets done in their organizations.
Connect with Mark Silverman:
Links and Resources:
- Exclusive Link for Winning Teams Listeners
- Only 10s: Confront Your To-Do List, Transform Your Life by Mark Silverman
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast