Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In an incredibly relatable conversation, today’s guest openly discusses his own struggles and how he came to reclaim his life. Thomas Anderson, a Swedish entrepreneur, change manager, author, speaker, and coach, joins us on a Life and a Living Podcast to help us create our own space and learn the steps to take to help ourselves in times of struggle. We are constantly connected to the digital world and at risk of high levels of burnout. How can we equip ourselves with the tools needed to avoid that burnout and what can we do as leaders to guide our teams to do the same? Thomas helps us to understand the process he went through including his realization of needed change, learning to say no, and communicating effectively with loved ones. Because of his journey, Thomas has now shifted into helping organizations and individuals with the steps to reclaiming their lives.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Thomas’s Heavy Burden and Feelings of Not Being Enough
- The Realization That Change is Needed
- Creating Space as the First Step and Learning to Say No
- Taking Time for Yourself and Your Health
- Conversations with Loved Ones During Difficult Transitions
- The Importance of Self-Reflection and Acceptance
- How to Listen to Your Senses and Manage Your Emotions
- The Constant Social Connection to the Digital World
- Thomas’s Work Supporting Organizations in Change Management
- Breaking Patterns of Behavior That are Not Serving You
- How Leaders Can Help Prevent High Levels of Burnout
- The Effective Tools in Managing Change
- Thomas’s Current Outlook on Life
- Taking Action: One Step Leads to Another
- Thomas’s Daily Habits and Book Recommendations
About Our Guest:
Thomas Anderson is a Swedish entrepreneur, change manager, inspirational speaker, and life coach. He helps people and companies in their transformation journeys. He has extensive experience from global companies as a project manager, change manager, and management consultant. He has always been close to the change process as his main work has been managing digital transformation, being the bridge between IT and the business, which affects people in many ways. In 2015 he was successful in his career and lived with his family in a nice house—he had all that you “ought to” have. But there was something missing in life, he was trapped in an emotional prison of self-doubt, stress, anxiety, and feelings of worthlessness. He didn’t know how to be there for himself, and he was on the brink of burnout. That was a starting point and over three years he completely turned his life around, a journey which he now shares in his book, The Vulnerable Man.
Connect with Thomas Anderson:
Links and Resources:
- Thomas Anderson Web Page
- The Vulnerable Man: Break Your Patterns. Master Your Emotions. Reclaim Your Life. by Thomas Anderson
- Thomas Anderson on Facebook
- Thomas Anderson on LinkedIn
- Thomas Anderson on Instagram
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast