Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Joining us today on A Life and a Living Podcast is Michelle Natalya Moore, a fascinating lady with an equally fascinating career and insight on the trending problem with attention. Founder of MindEQuity Inc. Michelle helps organizations discover their weaknesses and guides them in not only treating attention as an asset but how to harness it for success. How much time is wasted each week by yourself and your team? You may be surprised.
MindEQuity offers a great online test that gives you a score on your focus. I took it myself and in this episode we discuss what each section means and what those results have told me about myself. The results are surprising to me, but Michelle is able to describe some solutions that I’m eager to put into practice. The first step is always awareness and by listening to today’s episode, you’ll have a good starting place for your own areas of improvement and how to better strengthen the focus of yourself and your teams.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Michelle’s Company MindEQuity Inc. and Career Background
- Doing Better Work in Half the Time
- The Impact of Losing a Connection to Ourselves
- Michelle’s Definition of Attention: A Body Function
- How to Protect and Harness Our Attention Skills
- Being in Multiple Spaces at One Time
- The Fear of Missing Out – An Effect of Covid-19
- Value Creation and Aligning to Benefit Clients and Teams
- The Trend in Awareness of the Problem in Focus
- Pre-Covid Hype of Tactile Innovation Tools
- How to Design Work for the Balance We Strive For
- Michelle’s Attention Audit Process
- Finding the Balance with Technology
- How Much Time Do You Believe You Are Losing Each Week?
- Michelle’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Michelle Natalya Moore founded MindEQuity in 2014 after 20 years in Big 4 consulting. For a decade, she served as equity partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Ernst & Young. She has an MBA and is a PDMA Certified New Product Development Professional. In addition, Michelle is an advanced teacher of the MIT Presencing Institute’s Social Presencing, a set of body wisdom practices enabling teams to harness attention for insight and innovation. She is the author of a chapter in Presencing Theory U, Book 3: Collective Perspectives on Presencing, University of Laval. Michelle is a speaker with MacKay CEO Forums, Horasis Global Meeting and Management Leadership Forum. She has been featured across a variety of online media, podcasts and has appeared on Voice of America Business Channel.
Connect with Michelle Natalya Moore:
Links and Resources:
- Find You Focus Score Test
- Mind EQuity Website
- Michelle Natalya Moore on LinkedIn
- Michelle N. Moore on Twitter
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast