Podcast: Play in new window | Download
World-renowned global expert on project management Antonio Nieto Rodriguez is featured on this episode and I am honored to have him. Antonio is the author of Harvard Business Review Project Management Handbook: How to Launch, Lead, and Sponsor Successful Projects which is a must-read for any organization.
The topic of project management is something we really need to know more about, specifically how to do this successfully and Antonio’s book is full of really great information. In today’s interview, Antonio lays the foundation of a two-part conversation and emphasizes the importance of prioritizing projects. This means prioritizing time, resources, dedication, and most importantly, people.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- The Staggering Difference Between Dollars Invested and Successful Projects
- Senior Leaders as the Biggest Area of Improvement
- Prioritizing Projects and the Impact of the Pandemic
- The Problem of Too Many Projects at One Time
- The Hierarchy of Project Priority
- The Negative Mindset That Surrounds Project Management
- Running and Changing the Business Simultaneously
- The Role of the Executive Sponsor
- Empowering Project Managers
- The Pitfall of a Group of People as Sponsors
- People Matter More Than Process
- The Importance of Finding the Right People for a Project
- Embracing Volunteers and Allocating Resources
- Killing or Canceling Projects
- Structuring Teams and Projects for a Matrix Culture
- Antonio’s Book Recommendations and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez is a thought leader, author, practitioner, and professor in project and strategy implementation. He is the creator of concepts such as the Project Economy or the Project Manifesto. His research and global impact in modern management has been recognized by Thinkers50. Former Chairman of the Project Management Institute, he is the co-founder of the Strategy Implementation Institute and the global movement Brightline. He is a member of Marshall Goldsmith 100 coaches.
Connect with Antonio:
Links and Resources:
- Antonio Nieto Rodriguez Website
- LinkedIn | Twitter
- Harvard Business Review Project Management Handbook by Antonio Nieto Rodriguez
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast