Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Through her unusual and amazing experiences, today’s guest brings a unique perspective to organizations when it comes to attracting and retaining talent. In a challenging market, there’s a big fight for talent and companies need to have a solid strategy in making sure they’re doing the right things to find and keep the right people.
Kim Troy joins us for this conversation as an expert in the space of hiring. She is the founder and CEO of Civilis Consulting and in this episode, Kim shares the things you need in place to not only attract the right people, but to keep them as well. In addition, she also explains what is important for the hiring manager role within an organization. Her background consists of so much experience and in her adventures in southern Africa working with conservation organizations, she learned the impact a company can have through diversity and driving people’s motivation and skill development as well as finding resources when there seemed to be none.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- How Kim Helps Organizations Find Talent in a Challenging Market
- Becoming Crystal Clear on Who You Are as a Company
- Articulating Company Culture
- Compelling People to Spend Time in an Organization’s Environment
- The Different Types of Cultures and Values in Various Types of Companies
- Attractive Elements in a Company Culture
- Authenticity Regarding the Right Employees for the Job
- The Current Focus on Making a Difference
- Hiring in a Multi-Generational Workplace
- The Role of a Hiring Manager in the Current Market
- The Shift Towards Creativity, Collaboration, and Innovation
- Company Qualities That Retain New Talent
- Why Two Way Communication is Crucial
- What Kim Learned in Her Time Working in Conservation Organizations in Africa
- The True Definition of Resilience
- Kim’s Book Recommendations and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Kim Troy is the Founder and CEO of Civilis Consulting, a trailblazing relationship-focused sales, marketing, operations and culture consultancy that helps businesses break through barriers to growth. Civilis’ seasoned consultants work alongside management teams, board leadership, entrepreneurs and CEOs to implement results-oriented business strategies that accomplish what’s never been done before.
Prior to Civilis, Kim founded Kimberly Troy Consulting, which works with field-based wildlife conservation organizations – primarily in southern Africa – to improve utilization of financial and human resources. She has also held executive level positions in Human Resources, Operations and Sales for some of the world’s largest retailers, including L Brands. Her expertise includes brand strategy and execution, relationship-based business development strategies, multi-unit sales management, business operations, consumer behavior, change management, and corporate culture transformation.
Connect with Kim Troy:
Links and Resources:
- Kim Troy on LinkedIn
- Civilis Counseling Website
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast