When it comes to happiness at work, today’s guest believes it is a science more than an art and it is certainly more important than we sometimes think. As the founder of Happiness at Work, Aoife O’Brien uses data and research to help organizations attract, hire, and retain top quality staff. It’s all about finding the “right fit,” but how?
In today’s episode, Aoife discusses what determines fit, specifically clear values and how we demonstrate those values as individuals and as a part of an organization. Covid has of course brought new challenges to workplace happiness, but with Aoife’s guidance, businesses and corporations can shift and maintain their focus on their people through education and meeting their needs. This not only boosts happiness but productivity, too. As Aoife says, “If you want to be happy at work, you’ve come to the right place.”
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Happiness in the Workplace Through Covid
- Focusing on Understanding Your Own Value in the Workplace
- What “Fit” Means to an Organization
- Observable Values and How Employees Tie Into Them
- Clarity in Company Values to Attract the Right Fit Team
- Confidence in Articulating Your Own Values as an Individual
- The Importance of the First Three Years For an Employee
- Autonomy, Relatedness, and Competence
- Facilitating Conversations Around Employee Needs
- Educating Leaders, Managers, and Team Members About Needs
- Aoife’s Strategy in Using Data to Implement Programs
- Having Something in Place That is Tailored to Organizations
- Resilience Through Covid and Avoiding Burnout
- Retaining the Right People
- Aoife’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Aoife O’Brien is the founder of Happier at Work and works with HR and business leaders using a combination of internal people data and surveys to clearly identify the root cause of people’s issues. They provide a clear framework for how to solve issues, including practical recommendations, implementation of workshops, and embedding new learning through coaching. Aoife has 20+ years experience in identifying business problems for global organizations such as Unilever, Mars, Coca-Cola, and Kraft-Heinz.
To reach Aoife, go to her website: https://happieratwork.ie/
Connect with Aoife O’Brien:
- Happier at Work Website
- Happier at Work Podcast
- Aoife O’Brien on LinkedIn
- Aoife O’Brien Happer at Work on Twitter
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast