Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What is digital productization and how is it completely transforming businesses worldwide? Today’s guest explains his fantastic work and how a digital transformation can help your organization stand out.
Jonathon Hensley is the CEO of Emerge Interactive, a digital product agency based out of Oregon with a very impressive list of clients, including AT&T, Wells Fargo, Starbucks, and Microsoft. Jonathon works with clients to transform business strategies, user needs and new technologies into valuable products and experiences. In this episode, he helps us understand what digital products are, why many digital endeavors fail, and the importance of following the process precisely. He is passionate about improving efficiency internally for his clients but also improving the customer experience externally.
Ultimately, it’s all about bringing together people, data, and processes to help and Jonathon is perfect to explain the benefits of this digital transformation.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- The Infancy of Digital Productization and the Evolution of This Process
- What “Digital Products” Means and Emcompasses
- Technology is a Tool and You Need to Always Start with People
- Why Many Digital Endeavors Fail
- Finding Market Fit and the Risk of Self Sabotage
- Strategic Foundation vs. Ambitious Goals
- Concise Language and Alignment is Success Ideals
- The Cornerstones of a Strategy
- The Way You Should Approach Design of Digital Products
- The Importance of Not Skipping Steps in the Process
- How to Sustain Energy Over a Period of Time
- How Emerge Helps Clients Stand Out
- Maximizing Impact
- Jonathon’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Jonathon Hensley is CEO of Emerge Interactive, where he works with clients to transform business strategies, user needs and new technologies into valuable products and experiences. An accomplished writer and speaker, Jonathon has lectured on topics such as the connected consumer’s impact on business, creating value through data-driven experiences, and user-centric approaches to innovation. In 2012 he was recognized in the Portland Business Journal’s “40 under 40” as one of Portland’s emerging professional and community leaders.
To reach Jonathan, go to his website: https://www.emergeinteractive.com/
Connect with Jonathon Hensley:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast