The words “guru” or “industry leader” are bandied around pretty easily but I am honored that in this interview I am talking to a real guru and industry leader in David Woods.
The subject of the interview is: Is there a future for the financial advisor?
Truthfully, I could not interview a more qualified person to discuss this than David! Have a look at his credentials:
- Started his career in insurance in 1961 and went on to form his own business Woods Financial Group in 1987.
- Was the 1st President of the Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education
- President of the National Association for Advanced Life Underwriting
- Board Member Insurance Marketplace Standards Association
- Top Table Member of the Million Dollar Roundtable
- Received industry’s top award, The John Newton Russell Memorial Award in 1987 in recognition of his contribution to the industry.
In the interview David discusses, among other things:
- Big challenges facing Financial Advisors today
- Why now is a great time to be a FA
- The key things an advisor must do to be successful
- Discusses the importance of independence – or is it?
- How advisors can develop their own USP.
I am so grateful to David for joining me on this interview – it was a real pleasure and an honor for me.
If you would like to sharpen your skills as a leader and a manager, then why not take advantage of a free 45 minute session which will give you actions you can take straight away to make you more effective. Then go to www.johnmurphyinternational.com/call to schedule that session.
Thanks to Jodey Smith, my podcasting technical genius, who does all the bits I don’t like – the editing, the uploading etc. He is a gem and can be contacted at JodeySmith.com.
Please subscribe to my podcast in iTunes, and leave a review, as this really helps my podcast get greater recognition.