By coining the word “ownershift,” today’s guest has a deep understanding of how to create highly effective leadership teams in any organization. But what does “ownershift” mean and how can it impact us as leaders? I’m thrilled to have today’s guest, Dan Norenberg, on A Life and a Living Podcast today.
Originally from the United States, Dan shares his move to Europe and his journey into the business world where he wound up as a consultant, passionate about helping companies thrive. Dan is a lead expert on the topic and is the author of a fantastic book called Executive Ownershift. In today’s episode we learn about leadership teams, the importance of getting the team culture right, and how we can understand what it takes to make a successful team. And in the end, how can you assess the effectiveness of leadership?
This episode will certainly change your mindset on how to take ownership and create a culture of “ownershift” in your teams.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Dan’s Background and How He Ended Up in Business
- Why Dan Relocated to Europe and His Entrance Into Consulting
- Executive Ownershift as a Consolidation of Dan’s Experiences and Tools
- Focusing on the Team Rather Than the Leader
- The Meaning of Dan’s Coined Term “Ownershift”
- The Premise of Development While Driving Important Business Topics
- Ownershift Begins with the Management Team
- Developing an Ownership and Ownershift Culture
- Anchoring the Customer as the Center of Every Action
- Positive and Negative Consequences to Business Strategy
- Dan’s Significant Six: Powerful Questions for All Teams
- Leadership is Everything to the Success of a Company
- Vulnerability in the Role of a Leader
- Perception Consolidation
- Why Meetings Go Badly
- Dan’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Dan Norenberg improves leadership performance and organization results through Executive Ownershift®, his transformational growth process for executive teams. As a trusted advisor, consultant and professional speaker, Dan’s mission is to enable executive teams and their organizations to play at their best.
To reach Dan, go to his website: https://www.dannorenberg.com/
Connect with Paul Candon:
- Dan Norenberg – Executive Ownershift Home Page
- Executive Ownershift (Management for Professionals) by Dan Norenberg
- Dan Norenberg on LinkedIn
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast