“This too shall pass,” is our guest’s motto when it comes to strategic planning during a time of crisis. We are all still experiencing the struggles of the unknown with the Covid-19 pandemic and there has never been a time such as this to have to plan for.
Today’s guest is Rory Rowland, host of the Coaching for Potential Podcast and owner of a consultancy business in the USA. He is an expert on the subject of strategic planning and in this episode we discuss the critical importance of planning and optimizing potential. How has the pandemic changed our plans and goals? How can we plan for the future during this struggling time? Rory says that through consistent review and a focus on developing people, we can create the crucial mindsets to deal with drastic change. But as Rory gives us the tools necessary to survive this, he also notes that “Nearly every crisis seems to be the worst one, but after it’s over, it isn’t so bad.”
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- How Rory Leads Strategic Thinking During a Crisis
- Ernest Shackleton as an Inspiration of Survival
- A Strategy as a Living, Breathing Document
- The Need to Adjust a Strategy During Consistent Review
- Critical Mindsets to Deal With Change
- Exercises Rory Uses with Clients
- The Fear of Micromanagement
- “Start With Why”
- Using Your Own Success Stories to Reinforce Your “Why”
- Holding On to the Plan to Pivot – Life is Change
- The Crucial Need to Plan for Developing People
- Leadership vs. Management
- The Key to Optimizing Potential
- Love is a Tough Strategy
- Rory’s Book Recommendations and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Rory Rowland is a business consultant and seminar leader specializing in programs on communication skills, management, and a score of other topics. After serving as president of two financial institutions and earning his CCUE, Rory began using his communication skills and his wealth of knowledge on various topics to empower others to succeed. He is a frequent speaker for state and national associations. Rory holds a MBA in finance from University of Missouri at Kansas City, and a B.S. degree in Economics from C.M.S.U.
To reach Rory, go to his website: http://roryrowland.com/
Connect with Rory Rowland:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast