Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In her unique journey to executive coach, today’s guest started in the medical field. This different experience than most coaches has led her to apply science to leadership, strategy, and high performance.
Carla Fowler, MD PhD is the founder and CEO of THAXA, a boutique executive coaching firm that leverages the best ideas from performance science to help leaders around the globe. In our conversation today, Carla explains the intersection between strategy, productivity, and psychology which is an interesting grouping. She beautifully articulates her message to help us understand the thinking and psychology around high performance and more importantly, how to sustain high performance. She lists the principles she has that can help us all perform better and continue on our journey to high performance.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Carla’s nontraditional journey to executive coaching
- The intersection between strategy, productivity, and psychology
- The importance of mental clarity
- The difficulty of communication without mental clarity
- Translating lofty priorities
- Role of clarity in lack of engagement
- Building a sense of momentum and progress
- What separates the average performers from the high performers
- What we accomplish over time
- How to sustain momentum
- Brutal Focus
- Protect your time to think and practice thinking
- Carla’s learning experience and thoughts about value
- Carla’s book recommendation and daily rituals
About Our Guest:
The Founder and Managing Director of THAXA is Carla Fowler, MD PhD. Carla graduated from Brown University magna cum laude, earned her MD and PhD at the University of Washington, and completed her internship in general surgery at Stanford University. She founded THAXA to share her passion for performance science, where the fields of strategy, productivity, and psychology intersect. Outside of THAXA, Carla is an angel investor specializing in medtech and biotech with a portfolio of over a dozen investments. She is also an active member of Social Venture Partners, Rotary, Washington Women’s Foundation, Alliance of Angels, and Keiretsu.
Connect with Carla Fowler:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast
Leave a Reply