Returning to the podcast today is Mark Monchek. Mark joined us for a conversation about the culture of opportunity about a year ago and we have the chance to hear his insight again.
Mark is the founder and Chief Opportunity Officer of Opportunity Lab, a strategy consulting firm focused on company growth through conscious business. Opportunity Lab applies models of growth to companies navigating through disruptive change and finds opportunity for sustained growth even in the most difficult situations. Mark is also the author of Culture of Opportunity: How to Grow Your Business in an Age of Disruption, a fascinating book on this very topic.
Mark has a fascinating take on business and how business should be. His view is refreshing but also challenging as he talks expertly on what types of businesses will thrive in the coming years post-Covid. It is definitely a different and unique approach to business today, but a conversation that needs to be had.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Mark’s updates since his last appearance on the Winning Teams Podcast
- Looking back on the radical change of the last few years
- Business in a time of radical disruption
- Organizational and leadership challenges with change
- The reality of AI’s change on business
- What a conscious business is
- The purpose of a conscious business
- Shared Success
- The tipping point from useful and beneficial to dangerous
- The use of psychedelics
- The basics of awareness and beliefs
- Unconscious beliefs that don’t align with your values
- Mark’s book recommendations and daily rituals
About Our Guest:
Mark Monchek is the Founder and Chief Opportunity Officer of Opportunity Lab, a strategy consulting firm focused on conscious growth. Mark has worked with leaders from Google, Apple, JPMorgan Chase, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, Adorama, TerraCycle, Feltsberg, The New York Times, Wharton School of Business, New York University, Columbia University, NBC, Time Warner, and the United Nations. He’s the author of the Amazon nonfiction bestseller Culture of Opportunity: How to Grow Your Business in an Age of Disruption. He’s been featured in Real Leaders, The Better Business Book, the Organization Development Review Journal, Lifetime Network, WPLJ, WCBS, Newsday, Working Women Magazine, and the San Francisco Chronicle.
Connect with Mark Monchek:
- Opportunity Lab Website
- Mark Monchek on LinkedIn
- Culture of Opportunity: How to Grow Your Business in an Age of Disruption by Mark Monchek
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast