In this episode, renowned financial planner and Strategic Coach® David Braithwaite joins us. With his extensive experience in both fields, David reveals how he leverages the power of empathy to help his clients.
David Braithwaite has crafted a distinctive coaching model fueled by empathy that empowers individuals to achieve their entrepreneurial goals and help their businesses thrive while positively impacting their personal lives and families.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- How becoming a coach transformed David’s approach to business and his personal life
- The importance of creating a self-managing company that allows for growth without sacrificing freedom and quality time with loved ones
- The significance of breaking down goals into manageable, bite-sized pieces AND aligning them with your personal aspirations
- David shares a powerful concept from the book “Will It Make the Boat Go Faster?” which focuses on making decisions that propel you closer to your goals
- Why it’s crucial to focus on your “unique ability” and then build a team with complementary skills
- The significance of empathy as a valuable skill
- The concept of the “dos” (dangers, opportunities, strengths) and its role in effectively addressing a client’s needs
- Using Dan Sullivan’s R factor question to foster deep listening and uncover a client’s desires and goals
- The four freedoms in the pursuit of personal and professional fulfillment.
- How Dan helps clients crystallize their reality to define their vision of success
- The importance of surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals, or “balcony people,” to elevate (and challenge) your thinking
- The significance of daily rituals and habits in maintaining personal and professional growth
- The impact of mindset mastery on achieving success
- How David’s insights, strategies, and coaching principles help his clients build successful businesses
About Our Guest:
David Braithwaite knows empathy is the secret to helping people achieve the life they’ve always wanted. A master at putting himself in his client’s shoes and a Strategic Coach® veteran of 10 years, David has experienced first-hand how the combination of Coach thinking tools, strategic concepts, and guided discussions allows people to become the best versions of themselves at work and at home.
Connect with David Braithwaite:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast