The thing that separates the organizations that are good at delivering plans and successful projects and those that are not may come as a surprise to you.
Today’s guest is Greg Spira and in this episode we talk about just that. Greg is the author of Trust the Plan: Demand Management for Business Leaders and he is in the business of helping organizations plan and roll out projects. He has worked with some of the biggest and most successful organizations worldwide and through his experience, he has learned exactly what sets these successful organizations apart.
In the interview, Greg discusses how to build an atmosphere of trust, the behavior patterns to create to ensure that trust is maintained and built upon, and how to manage cross functional teams with alignment.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- The act of planning and getting the team together to prepare
- The difference between simple and easy
- Autonomy and self sufficiency
- Trust as the key quality that separates successful organizations
- Wasted energy in low-trust atmospheres
- Creating patterns of behavior
- The characteristics that build trust
- Create interdependence
- Cross functional collaborations
- Start with defining the language to use
- Where am I today and where do I want to get to?
- Creating solid plans
- Greg’s book recommendation and daily rituals
About Our Guest:
Greg Spira, a business advisor with Oliver Wight, is an expert in Demand Management and Integrated Business Planning. He has written and co-authored many whitepapers on the subject of Demand Management and is an instructor of the Oliver Wight Americas Demand Management course. Greg has particularly deep experience in the consumer goods industry, having helped many well-known large food companies improve their planning processes. He has also supported companies in a wide range of other industries, including packaging, chemicals, healthcare, medical devices, and fashion. Greg received his MBA and CPA, CMA from McMaster University where he has since been a sessional lecturer.
Connect with Greg Spira:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast