Sometimes, we can be the most prominent and harshest judges of ourselves. At the same time, we’re also afraid of judgment from the people around us. These bad habits have adverse effects on our success.
In this episode, we have Jonathan George, also called the Human Hitmaker. He is the CEO of JG Entertainment, a company who develop artists and musicians to help them reach their full potential. Today, Jonathan shares with us the habits that hold people back from unleashing the superpower within them. He also talks about the daily things that can help us achieve our goals.
If you are looking to make a significant shift in your mindset, check these podcast highlights, and listen to this informative and inspiring episode!
Shift to Corporate Market (04:18)
- He has been working with millennials since 1994. For him, this age group has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Millennials are the most educated generation yet. They are also more heart-centered and more driven than other generations.
- Millennials are looking for an institution where they can contribute. Sometimes, people who manage millennials do not understand their perspectives.
- Be a rock star individually before being able to work as a team.
- In his team, he makes sure that everybody stands up so that they can reach their full potential as a group.
Dealing with Setbacks (07:31)
- In 2000, during the supposed height of his career, people discovered he is gay.
- The record deal he won was pulled because of this, and it was a significant setback for him.
- He also experienced unintentional spiritual abuse because he grew up in a traditional family with a father who is a pastor.
- He became a coach because of that incident. He turned his negative experience into a positive outcome.
Transforming People (11:42)
- Due to his bossy nature, he does not allow people to be comfortable with feeling negative with themselves. He sees the fantastic aspects of a person, and he wants the person to realize those aspects.
- It is essential to confront a person’s weaknesses before they can work on them.
- Showcasing a person’s strengths entails continuous practice.
Teaching Resilience (14:34)
- It is crucial to have a coach, especially if a person wants to be exceptional at a role.
- Always have someone who can push you to challenge your strengths and weaknesses.
Importance of a Coach (16:19)
- A coach teaches you to focus on the right thing for your success.
- Having a coach means there is someone who can give you an objective assessment.
- People are often afraid of judgment, and it is the thing that restricts them from achieving their full potential.
- In effect, a person self-sabotages his or her success.
Three Steps to Unshakable Confidence (19:52)
- First, know who you are. Understand your true talents and not just the hard skill set.
- Second, understand your weaknesses. If you do not confront your weaknesses, they will hold you back.
- Lastly, polish your gifts to make them shine.
Showing Vulnerability (25:46)
- Leaders must realize that they have their vulnerabilities as well. They do not have all the answers to problems.
- Showing vulnerability will help in building trust and rapport with clients.
- Coaching is about helping people find the answers to their problems, not supplying them with solutions.
Top Self-Sabotaging Attitude (30:19)
- It is the refusal to take daily action toward their goals.
- You need to be intentional with your goals.
- Break down your plan into meaningful actions.
Building Your Confidence (32:34)
- Understand your greatest asset.
- Understand your core values.
Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals (36:00)
- “The Bible has probably been one of my greatest teachers because all the life lessons are in there. You know what I mean? Like, just basic common sense things and leadership and passion and purpose.”
- He has an intention wall where he puts his to-do lists every day.
- He also has a plan before the start of every week because he values actions.
- Aside from the intention wall, he is also continually grateful.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Winning Teams Podcast is powered by the winning team at Valher Media.
Are you ready to be a great leader?
10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders
These 10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders can set you on your journey to lasting success!
Click HERE to download.