Want to know what to STOP doing? Then listen to today’s guest on the Winning Teams Podcast, Matt Malouf, who hails from Sydney, Australia and is an expert in this space.
He is a business coach, speaker, entrepreneur, and author of ‘The Stop Doing List’. It is a brilliant book he had published earlier this year. Matt is also the co-host of a podcast show, the Virtual Success Show, with Barbara Turley.
Related: Outsource with Ease and Confidence
Matt started his career in Accounting with Ernst & Young. He worked for a few companies until he realized that corporate was not his cup of tea. He then tried out a few businesses but his passion truly lies in coaching. Matt helps business owners achieve Freedom and Fulfillment. These 2 things he has achieved through his own business success.
For the last 7 years, Matt has been coaching people all over the world. He speaks and helps them achieve better business results, freedom and fulfillment.
In this episode, Matt shares on these key points:
- What is “The Stop Doing List?”
- Understanding the 4 Labels – Incompetence, Competence, Excellence and Genius
- Eliminating, automating or delegating tasks
- Changing your mindset and belief system
- “More time, more profit, more freedom…”
- Working on the business rather than in the business
- Communication rhythm is the pulse of your business
- The different levels of Meeting- daily huddle, weekly meeting and monthly meeting
- The three criteria to determine which tasks to focus on- Love doing it, Good at it and Positive Financial Return
Book Recommendation, Habits and Where to Get in Touch:
Matt has 5 core books he reads every year and he has done this for the last 11 years. Those books are:
- The Seven Habits of the Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George Samuel Clason
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The E-myth by Michael E. Gerber
He likes reading these books because they are the foundation of what he wants to do in his life. Every year, he feels like he’s reading them for the first time, learning something new and seeing things from a different perspective.
Matt is also a fan of daily rituals. He has practice, at least 90% consistency, waking up at 4:45 am every work day. Matt does some form of exercise for about 20- 40 minutes.
He lives close to the beach so he then sits by the water and reads out loud every morning his “Desire Statement” which is a 4-page written story of his life that he created for himself and his family.
Matt writes and says gratitude, affirmations, writes in his journal, listens to a theme song on his phone and makes a to-do list. Finally, he reads 2 lists, which are “Why I can achieve the life of my dreams?” and “Why I must achieve the life of my dreams”. Overall, he does all those things for almost an hour and he would like to add another 20 minutes of meditation.
You can go to https://stopdoing.com.au/ to download the book and find the Ultimate Stop Doing List tool, which takes you through the process of time log, activity inventory, assessing and preparing you on how to become ready to start “The Stop Doing list”. Get in touch with Matt Malouf in his website: https://wisdomcg.com.au/
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thanks to Jodey Smith, my podcasting technical genius, who does all the bits I don’t
like –the editing, the uploading etc. He is a gem and can be contacted at JodeySmith.com.
Are you ready to be a great leader?
10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders
These 10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders can set you on your journey to lasting success!
Click HERE to download.