I have certainly felt awkward in the past about asking for referrals – truthfully I would say that I have been pretty poor at it!
However, that is not true anymore – and that is very largely due to Steve Gordon, who I am delighted to interview on the podcast I share with you here. I really encourage you to listen to the interview as Steve shares great tips that are easy to implement and can make the world of difference to your referral work.
Steve is the author of the very successful book, Unstoppable Referrals – and I can tell you, it will become your bible when it comes to referrals. It is brilliant!
In the interview Steve discusses:
- why we are not good at asking for referrals and how to turn that on its head
- how you can now ask for referrals without feeling awkward or uncomfortable
- how you can get over the sense of asking for an undeserved favour, and turn that into a positive experience for everyone
- the step by step approach to ask for referrals professionally
- how you can convert your referrers into promoters – a real winner! Now you are adding value in a real way.
- how you can develop a referral kit that gives you a gift that adds value.
- and so much more, so go on and listen!
The learning I got from Steve has transformed my approach to referrals and made it so straight forward and extremely powerful in my business.
As I said, Steve is the author of Unstoppable Referrals, and this can be purchased just for the cost of postage, and a penny!, if you go to www.unstoppableceo.net/murphy where you will also get a free copy of Unstoppable Referrals Blueprint and Unstoppable Referrals Checklist. So, go there now.
The Kindle version is available on Amazon.com
Steve is also the publisher of The Unstoppable CEO – The Leadership Journal for Growing Firms and more information about that valuable monthly publication on http://www.unstoppableceo.net/.
If you would like to sharpen your skills as a leader and a manager, then why not take advantage of a free 45 minute session which will give you actions you can take straight away to make you more effective. Then go to www.johnmurphyinternational.com/call to schedule that session.
Thanks to Jodey Smith, my podcasting technical genius, who does all the bits I don’t like – the editing, the uploading etc. He is a gem and can be contacted at JodeySmith.com.