Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Stepping up as a leader is not an easy feat. There will always be challenges along the way. But these challenges do not necessarily harm the business. Sometimes, these challenges strengthen leaders as well as their companies.
Having the right knowledge can help leaders achieve their full potential. In turn, they can also help their teams to attain individual successes. These successes must also align with the company’s goals.
In this episode, I will share six leadership lessons that will be beneficial as we farewell another decade. If you want to enhance your leadership skills, tune in to this episode and check these fantastic show highlights!
Cost of Tolerance (01:17)
- People need to realize the real cost of tolerating behaviours that are incongruent with an organization’s values.
- For example, you must not tolerate a high-performing individual in a team who tends to undermine other members.
- Leaders must also not tolerate underperformance of team members.
- Take action against these kinds of behaviours from your members. Thus, leaders must be ok with confrontation.
- Additionally, leaders must also be aware of their tolerance regarding their negative behaviours.
- Being aware of these negative behaviors and eradicating them can lead to positive outcomes for the self and business.
Importance of Clarity (05:44)
- Leaders need to be transparent regarding their roles.
- Aside from this, they should also be clear about expectations, targets, and deliverables.
- Leaders should set goals that are dependent on themselves and not on other people.
Importance of Taking Daily Actions (08:33)
- Leaders should learn to break down their annual goals into manageable actions.
- Breaking the year into 90-day cycles.
- Ninety days is a long period to perform meaningful actions. But it is also short enough to capture an individual’s focus.
- After breaking down the annual goal into 90 days, leaders can now break the cycle into a two-week timeframe.
Aligning Vision and Mission with Decisions and Actions (11:19)
- Leaders and members must have a clear vision and mission to give context to the business.
- Vision answers the question, “What are you trying to create?”
- Mission answers the question, “Why are you creating it?”
- Vision is the description of the team, while mission refers to the purpose.
- Align your actions to the company’s vision and mission.
- It is also essential for leaders to ingrain the vision and mission into every team member.
Aligning and Engaging the Team (13:31)
- Every member should feel belongingness to products and services created.
- Align your actions and decisions with the team’s objectives.
- Leaders must ensure that every individual’s objective contributes to the team’s goals.
Importance of Proper Stakeholder Management (15:09)
- Understand the process of managing stakeholders.
- Practice efficient communication with stakeholders because it is a two-way relationship.
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes and other resources you can use, visit my website John Murphy International. As always, thanks for tuning in!
Thank you for listening!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Winning Teams Podcast is powered by the winning team at Valher Media.
Are you ready to be a great leader?
10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders
These 10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders can set you on your journey to lasting success!
Click HERE to download.