The world where senior executives, business owners, and leaders operate can be rather lonely. They manage the business and communicate with partners and clients, all while maintaining their teams. How do they, then, find psychological safety within a group where they can share with peers to help them grow their businesses, while at the same time, develop their lives?
Joining us in today’s podcast episode is Dirk van Reenen. Dirk is an award-winning entrepreneur and a highly sought-after business consultant and speaker. He is the founder and CEO of BERGflow, and this year, he has been named the new CEO of GoBundance. Dirk’s purpose is to empower fellow entrepreneurs, CEOs, and leaders to help them grow and scale their teams and business while giving them fulfilment with a better quality of life.
Check out the critical points of this episode in the highlights below. Don’t forget to tune in to the podcast to know more about the journey to living an epic life.
The Start of GoBundance (3:16)
- The founders were all entrepreneurs who started to hold each other accountable in reaching their goals.
- They started focusing on their health and their relationships. What they saw was a powerful core beginning to develop—men stepping up to hold each other accountable and challenge each other toward significant success.
- As people become more successful, they become more isolated to the point where they are not comfortable with their friends and family anymore.
- GoBundance is a community where you can come in and share your challenges and struggles openly. You will be held accountable and get fantastic advice and masterminding from other highly successful people.
GoBundance vs. the Traditional Mastermind (07:16)
- GoBundance looks at a more holistic view of the person.
- They have a term in GoBundance “a whole life millionaire.”
- GoBundance’s six pillars: age-defying health, authentic relationships, bucket list adventures, extreme accountability, genuine contribution, and horizontal or passive income.
- During large and small trips, after having a strong start to your day and experiencing that adrenaline rush, you get a higher level of creativity, and you get to think outside the box.
- There is a lot of connectivity within the tribe, even outside events. They have an active community, and they conduct weekly or bi-weekly meetings together.
- They each want to be open about their challenges and create an environment for engagement.
Criteria and Process to Become a Member (11:35)
- You have to be at an accredited investor level.
- They have an application process to make sure that the right kind of culture comes into the tribe.
- They don’t just look at your success; they want to see how you’re giving back to the community and your organization.
- They have a 30-day onboarding process to help people integrate into the tribe.
- Most people don’t understand how influential the people that they’re around within their lives. People can affect you negatively, even when they believe they’re helping you.
- When you’re in the company of people who inspire you, the bar gets higher. You get a mindset that you can achieve whatever you set out to make.
The Six Effects That Are Determining the Destiny of Your Life (19:22)
- 1st: The influence effect
- 2nd: The multiplier effect
- 3rd: The accountability effect
- 4th: The authenticity effect
- 5th: The purpose effect
- 6th: The connection effect
Book Recommendations and Rituals (37:39)
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Fish That Ate The Whale by Samuel Zemurray
- The thought behind the Miracle Morning says that you start every morning with no outside distractions. It is how can you connect with who you are, what your purpose is, what’s important to you, and what your intentions are for the day before you ever encounter them.
- “The first thing that I do in the morning is I get up and drink a big glass of water, make myself a cup of coffee, and then I get on my spin bike. That’s a part of starting my day; I love working out and getting sweaty. After that, I typically just kind of sit, relax a little bit and cool off, then I’ll take a cold shower. And after that, I get into starting to do some journaling, meditating, planning my day. And then my goal is to spend time with my family before kids go off to school, and then I’m ready to encounter the day.”
- Dirk explains that consistency with his routine brings him more energy and focus.
You can connect more with Dirk on the BERGflow website and through his LinkedIn profile. To know more about the GoBundance tribe, visit their website here. Get a copy of their book Tribe of Millionaires here.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Winning Teams Podcast is powered by the winning team at Valher Media.
Are you ready to be a great leader?
10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders
These 10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders can set you on your journey to lasting success!
Click HERE to download.