Today’s guest on A Life and a Living Podcast is Steve Orrin, the Federal CTO at Intel. Steve is a recognized expert and frequent lecturer on enterprise security and has a background as a serial entrepreneur. During a time where cybersecurity is constantly changing and new risks are developed on a daily basis, Steve and others in similar positions are working hard on cybersecurity innovation.
Steve’s vast amount of knowledge is evident in this interview as he helps businesses navigate a better understanding of what cybersecurity is and the challenges we face with working remotely. Not only that, but we also discuss the role of AI. What is AI and how can even small AI innovations benefit your business? There are always challenges to pay attention to, so listen on as our guest explains what to focus your efforts on and the role of technology and cybersecurity in your business decisions.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Steve’s Role at Intel: Federal CTO
- What Companies Need to Pay Attention To and Be Concerned About
- Risk Calculation: It’s Not All or Nothing
- Continuous Monitoring and Control
- How to Determine and Look at the Weakest Link
- The Challenges in Cybersecurity in Working Remotely
- Understanding and Focusing on the Data
- What Exactly Goes Into Security
- Services That Are Available Now in Cloud Security
- Business Preparation for AI
- How Can AI Benefit Your Business?
- The Role of Technology Innovation in New Work Models
- Steve’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Steve Orrin is the Federal CTO at Intel where he leads Solution Architecture, Strategy, and Technology Engagements. He is an experienced CTO and entrepreneur with a concentration on security and security related topics and technologies as well as federal and enterprise business challenges. Steve is also a regular speaker on Security, Privacy, Data Science and application, and technology innovation topics.
Links and Resources:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast