Podcast: Play in new window | Download
How prepared were you as a leader for the changes a global pandemic would force upon your company? For most, we weren’t prepared. But believe it or not, there are leaders out there who had a plan in place in the unlikely event that we would be in the predicament we are in now. One such company is M&F Bank and we have Jim Sills here today to talk with us about dusting off and implementing their pandemic plan.
Jim Sills is the President and CEO of M&F Bank which is the second oldest minority-owned bank in the USA at 113 years old. Surprisingly, M&F Bank has increased their business during the Covid-19 pandemic both in revenue and customer experience.
Listen on to hear about the road Jim and his company took to make sure that all Covid requirements were met and the health and safety of his employees and clients were managed with astounding success.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Dusting Off the Pandemic Plan We Never Thought We’d Never Need to Use
- The Major Adjustments Made by M&F Bank During Covid-19
- Jim’s Personal Adjustments During Covid-19
- Staying Optimistic and Positive While Adapting
- The Work From Home Balancing Act
- Caring About Your Team’s Physical and Mental Health
- Keeping Your Clients Safe
- The Quadruple Pandemic: Health, Political, Racial, Economic
- M&F’s Commitment to the Community
- What Jim Would Do Differently
- The Importance of Educating Your Clients
- The Positive and Negative Impacts of the Covid Experience
- Jim’s Prediction of the Future of the Workplace
About Our Guest:
Jim Sills has been the President and CEO of M&F Bank, the second oldest minority-owned bank in the USA, since 2014. Prior to that, Jim was an Executive Vice President of MBNA America Bank (now Bank of America) and served as the President and CEO of Memphis First Community Bank. He has over 30 years of Banking and Technology Management experience. His background includes a unique combination of executive experience within large-scale banking operations, community banks, and government organizations.
To reach Jim Sills or contact someone within M&F Bank, go to M&F Bank’s website: www.mfbonline.com.
Connect with Jim Sills:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast