How can we unleash the talent of the people we have? This can be a challenge in the best of times, but right now with the changes we’ve seen from Covid-19, it has become a different hurdle for leaders. Today’s guest has a lot of success in this area and shares with us what he and his team have been able to accomplish during these strange times.
Gary Salamido is the president and CEO of the North Carolina Chamber of Commerce. He was chosen as president and CEO in August of 2019 and had a great plan in place for 2020. When Covid-19 hit the United States, those plans quickly changed.
Listen to find out how Gary hired and engaged good people, engaged chamber members during a challenging time, and how he created an indispensable part of his community.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Hiring and Engaging Good People
- Changing the Way You Put People First
- Learning the Difference Between What You Change and What You Cannot
- The Importance of a Resiliency Plan
- Unleashing the Talent of Your People
- Delivering the Same Quality in a Virtual Setting
- Constant Open and Transparent Communication
- The Positive Outcomes of the Covid-19 Challenge
- What We Don’t Know Yet: The Impact of Isolation
- Taking Care of Your People During Social Unrest
- Driving Real Change Through Deep Relationships
- Looking at the Workforce of the Future
- Gary’s Book Recommendations and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Gary Salamido is the president and CEO of the North Carolina Chamber of Commerce. Prior to joining the NC Chamber in 2011, Gary worked 19 years at GlaxoSmithKline, the last 10 years serving as GSK’s director of state government affairs. He obtained his Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from the Albany College of Pharmacy in New York and a Master’s degree in pharmacy administration from the University of Texas in Austin.
To reach Gary Salamido or contact someone within the NC Chamber of Commerce, go to the NC Chamber’s website: www.ncchamber.com.
Connect with Gary Salamido:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast