The topic of today’s episode of the Winning Teams Podcast is so important and very relevant. Today we’re discussing the need for shifts in behavior and let’s face it, every organization has a whole realm of change programs going on. But today’s guest breaks it down to communication and persuasion.
Stephen McGarvey is the founder of Solutions in Mind, a consulting group that uses a proven process of persuading and influencing to help clients achieve success. He is certainly a real world authority on conscious communication, persuasion, and influence and a true expert in the field.
In our conversation, Stephen explains the impact of unconscious communication and that things that get in the way of behavior shifts. He also shares his thoughts on the impact of having multiple generations in the workforce simultaneously. And the tools that effective leaders use to motivate themselves and how to go about motivating somebody else, which is not a logical straight line.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- What unconscious communication is
- Reflecting on the impact of communication
- The process of valuing something
- The different meanings of integrity
- The steps needed to take in order to shift behavior
- Getting plugged in to each generation and understanding their values
- Framing communication to impact specific types of behavior
- Preframes and Reframes
- The importance of rapport
- The ecology of persuasion
- Developing the skill of persuasion
- End result imagery tying into values to trigger motivation
- Setting goals in alignment with values
- Stephen’s book recommendation and daily rituals
About Our Guest:
Stephen McGarvey is a world-leading authority on unconscious communication, persuasion, and influence. He assists corporations and audiences around the world in solving difficult communications problems by guiding them on an engaging, fast-paced, fascinating journey inside the unconscious mind. For more than 20 years, Stephen has helped individuals better understand motivation, persuasion, and influence with a focus on achieving results by leveraging unconscious communication in a range of personal and business contexts. He is passionate about creating practical, ethical resources that are easy to learn and apply, and which produce extraordinary and sustainable results.
Connect with Stephen McGarvey:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast