“For Marc Lesser, the key to healthy relationships and effective workplaces is compassionate accountability – a practical and trainable way to clarify and achieve visions of success.”
We often discuss accountability, but what is compassionate accountability? Those words do not typically belong together, but today’s guest shows up just how important the distinction is.
Marc Lesser has an extensive and absolutely fascinating background. From a zen teacher and mindfulness coach to CEO, Marc is also an author and has been involved with Google through his Search Inside Yourself program. In our conversation today, we discuss a lot about his interesting background and experiences, but we focus a lot on his newly released book Finding Clarity.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Marc’s interesting background and experience
- The Search Inside Yourself program
- Self awareness practices and mindfulness integrating into leadership
- The benefits of emotional intelligence in business
- Marc’s new book Finding Clarity
- Compassionate accountability
- The impact on success with a lack of accountability
- Clarity’s involvement in all aspects
- “Be Curious, Not Furious” and “Drop the Story”
- Why we should be leaning into mindfulness
- What needs to be in place for psychological safety
- Balancing conflict and safety
- Marc’s book recommendation and daily rituals
About Our Guest:
Marc Lesser is a speaker, facilitator, workshop leader, and executive coach. He is known for his engaging, experiential presentations that integrate mindfulness and emotional intelligence practices and training. He is the CEO of ZBA Associates, an executive development and leadership consulting company. Marc has led mindfulness and emotional intelligence programs at many of the world’s leading businesses and organizations including Google, SAP, Genentech, and Kaiser Permanente, and has coached executives and led trainings in Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, health care, and government. He helped develop the world-renowned Search Inside Yourself (SIY) program within Google – a mindfulness-based emotional intelligence training for leaders which teaches the art of integrating mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and business savvy for creating great corporate cultures and a better world. Marc is also an author of several books including the recently released Finding Clarity.
Connect with Marc Lesser:
- Marc Lesser’s Website
- Marc Lesser on LinkedIn
- Finding Clarity: How Compassionate Accountability Builds Vibrant Relationships, Thriving Workplaces, and Meaningful Lives by Marc Lesser
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast