Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In a time when talent acquisition and retention is a huge stressor for many organizations, leaders are looking for creative strategies to handle finding the right people and keeping them onboard. Today’s guest is an expert in this area and uses assessment tools to do just that.
David Jones is the founder and CEO of The Talent Enterprise and the author of the book The Future of Assessments: Are You Ready for 3rd Generation Talent Management? The Talent Enterprise partners with governments, employers, and educators to enable people and communities to thrive by advancing the application of behavioral science and neuroscience. They call this the Science of Behaviour metrics and it blends contemporary psychometric tools and assessment solutions with the latest advancements in artificial intelligence and data science. It sounds complicated, but David breaks it down in today’s episode and shares that the data derived from these assessments do not need a third party to interpret. He also discusses the right way to use assessment tools to not only manage talent acquisition but to also allow candidates to experience the very clear employer brand.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- What The Talent Enterprise Provides to Organizations
- Making the Assessment Process Enjoyable for Both Parties
- The Structure of and Changes in the Assessment Industry
- The Science of Behavior Metrics
- Intuitive Reports Without the Need for a Third Party to Interpret
- The Use of Assessments in Interviews
- Supporting an Employer Brand Through an Assessment Process
- Good Candidates Assessing Employers
- The New Frontier in Balancing Work and Wellbeing
- The Fragility of Relationships
- Managing Talent Acquisition and Retention with a Coaching Culture
- The New Idea of Being Both Introverted and Extraverted
- David’s Book Recommendations and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
David Jones is the Founder and CEO at The Talent Enterprise. With a background in labor market economics, David is a senior advisor to policy makers and organizational leaders on their most pressing human capital priorities. With over 28 years of work experience, including living in Dubai for over two decades, David has worked with clients across 25+ countries on a broad range of talent, leadership, assessment, performance, transformation and inclusion projects. David is experienced in using a wide variety of psychometric instruments and is qualified with the British Psychological Society at both Level A and Level B
David leads business growth and expansion efforts across global markets at The Talent Enterprise, along with leading key client relationships. He heads our research and innovation efforts to identify future human capital priorities. David was previously the Chief Consulting Officer at Aon Hewitt MENA. Prior to this, he held senior HR leadership roles at Emirates Group, Dubai Civil Aviation and KPMG.
Connect with David Jones:
Links and Resources:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast