We hear the word innovation quite often in the business world, but what does it actually mean? And more importantly, are we making space for innovation? Today’s guest helps us hone in on what innovation really means and what amazing things are possible when we cultivate a culture for innovators.
Liz Varones is the founder and managing director of Anthos Consulting with prior experience in the corporate world. Anthos is an organization that really focuses on helping leaders and their teams to be innovative and to actually act on it. She helps organizations not only see the what and why, but helps them implement the how to bring something to life. She discusses how to be sure that innovation is business as usual rather than a one-time event and how we can balance new ideas with day-to-day expectations in the workplace.
This is a big challenge and a big topic, but Liz is passionate about bringing new ideas to life and it’s certainly a huge benefit to organizations that give their teams the creative space to do so.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Liz’s Background and Path to Anthos Consulting
- The Common Thread of Innovation
- Meaningful Change Rooted in Service
- Why Innovation is Important
- The Reasons Innovation is a Challenge in Many Organizations
- Realizing Your Power Over Your Calendar
- Creating Space for Innovation
- What Leaders Can Do to Boost Innovation
- Focusing on Using a Process to Bring Something to Life
- Managing a New Generation of Innovators
- Cultivating a Culture of Innovation
- Celebrating Learning Over Failure
- Liz’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Liz Varones is a transformation consultant and coach with over 17 years of experience. She founded Anthos Consulting in 2019 and through it she helps business leaders to create transformation by cultivating their best ideas and providing a clear path to turn their vision into a reality. Liz’s past efforts and experience marketing blockbuster brands with pharmaceutical giant Pfizer has led her to drive change and innovation, even amid shifting market dynamics or ambiguity. As an independent consultant and coach, she provides services in enabling transformation and fostering professional development for both businesses and individuals.
Connect with Liz Varones:
Links and Resources:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast