Today’s guest is a passionate founder and CEO of Purpose Brand, an award-winning PR, brand and digital marketing firm in Chicago. Diane Primo builds on a groundbreaking 30 year career leading some of the top marketing organizations in the country and she has set up her agency based on her own extensive experience in the corporate world.
Diane is also the author of a book series that explores business culture, consumer attitudes, communication strategy, and workforce diversity. In today’s episode, we talk a lot about her book ADAPT: Scaling Purpose in a Divisive World and what exactly the meaning is behind its title.
Through this conversation, you’ll learn the importance of purpose in a business, how to develop it over time, and the sad lack of women in color in the corporate world. And you’ll hear it all from the organizational, team, and individual perspectives.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Diane’s background as the only African American CEO of a purpose driven organization
- The work done in Chicago for the homeless
- Scaling purpose in a divisive world
- Finding purpose and making it come alive
- Diane’s book ADAPT and what the acronym means
- ESG and its importance
- Demographics in the corporate world
- The impact of Covid on the organization’s purpose
- Going out of your way to connect employees
- Purpose makes you adaptable
- You have to have branding. It should be a brand you like.
- Becoming a catalyst for others in the industry
- Giving people opportunity
- Diversity and Inclusion Officers
- Looking at processes to restructure them with equity
- Training marketing and communications team members
- The importance of building a diverse network
- Diane’s book recommendation and daily rituals
About Our Guest:
Diane Primo is the CEO of the Purpose Brand agency, an award-winning, Chicago-based public relations, branding and digital marketing firm. She is a best selling author of an award-winning book and the only African American female CEO of a purpose-driven communications agency. Diane’s focus on impact marketing stems from the belief that brands must be relevant, purpose-driven and committed to consumers to be successful today. Consumers’ demand for meaning, transparency and authenticity has changed the nature and raised the stakes in all communications.
Connect with Diane Primo:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast