Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Author of Who Saw This Coming? Robert Mixon joins the Winning Teams Podcast today to talk about something so relevant to today’s current world climate: leadership during major changes. Robert has an extensive background in the military as a now retired major general in the US army for 30+ successful years. He left that environment and became involved in the senior level of high level businesses. Now he owns a consulting business that focuses on the strategies and operations in business and is based in Florida.
He is the author of several books, but today we focus on his most recent, Who Saw This Coming? and dive into the six principles that he refers to as fundamentally important. He offers practical action steps to take to improve your leadership skills in this ever-changing world of business and shares what it truly takes to build winning teams.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Robert’s Background in the Military, Entrepreneurship, and Business
- Leading People the Way They Deserve to be Led
- Adapting and Overcoming the Fear Factor
- Learning to Live and Communicate in a Virtual World
- The Leadership Challenges for an In-Person and Virtual Hybrid Workplace
- The Need for Authenticity
- Establishing Your Vision and Intent
- The Core Element of the Organization
- Acceptable and Unacceptable Behavior
- Developing Strong Listening Skills
- Creating and Committing to a Team Covenant
- Mutual Accountability and Balance
- Robert’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
Major General Robert Mixon is a retired officer of the United States Army, public speaker, author, and co-founder of Level Five Associates. He graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1974 and retired from active duty in 2007 after more than 33 years of commissioned service. At that time, he took over as president of Magnatag Visible Systems and later served as the Executive Vice President of Strategic Planning and Leadership Development at CDS Monarch. While with CDS Monarch, Mixon helped to found the Warrior Salute Program for veterans with PTSD and traumatic brain injury. Mixon is also the co-founder of Level Five Associates, a leadership consulting company specializing in change management. He is also the co-author of the best selling book Cows in the Living Room: Developing an Effective Strategic Plan and Sustaining It in 2014 and more recently Who Saw This Coming?
Connect with Robert Mixon:
Links and Resources:
- Level Five Associates Website
Robert Mixon on LinkedIn
Who Saw This Coming? Now What Do We Do? By Robert Mixon
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast