Today’s guest is a return guest, Darryl Lyons, who was on the show last 2016. A great guy who hails from San Antonio, Texas. He’s a certified financial planner and behavioral financial adviser. He’s also an expert in personal finance and the author of 7 books; his latest book endorsed by the great Dave Ramsey! His company, Pax Financial Group, has made it into INC 5000 fastest growing companies.
In this episode of The Series of Winning Teams Podcast, Darryl talks on these topics:
– What is a Behavioral Financial Adviser?
– Changing people’s behavior about their financial decisions and purchases
– Asking ourselves the difficult question of “How we do money?”
– Re-framing our biases and filters that guide our decisions
– The 3 filters: ask a child, ask a friend and ask a sage
– Redefining Retirement: Pivoting rather than Retiring
– The 3 phases of retirement: go-go, so-so, no-go years
– The 5 Pivot Retirement Planning Buckets
– Common behavioral mistakes in financial management
– Alignment of expectations, values, and goals in financial planning
– Habit of a pause when making a purchase
We discuss how Darryl can help people make decisions based on Behavioral Finance and regret-proof their financial life and retirement.
Darryl is a book nut and he can recommend different books any given month. However, the one he had read recently is Practicing the Presence of People by Mike Mason. A great friend suggested it to him. He loves this book and it has helped him understand how to enjoy every single people in front of him.
He still has the same habit and daily ritual. Every morning, he has quiet time with God and read the Bible when he gets up and has a cup of coffee. It usually takes him 5-30 minutes reading the Bible. He likes to read the fun ones such as the Book of John and before that, the Book of Hebrew.
You can get in touch with Darryl at paxfinancialgroup.com/pivot. A retirement checklist and his book are in there. You can also buy his book, 18 To 80: A Simple and Practical Guide to Money and Retirement for All Ages in Amazon.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thanks to Jodey Smith, my podcasting technical genius, who does all the bits I don’t
like –the editing, the uploading etc. He is a gem and can be contacted at JodeySmith.com.
Are you ready to be a great leader?
10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders
These 10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders can set you on your journey to lasting success!
Click HERE to download.