What connections are there between the arts and science? Well, there happen to be more than we might initially think and that is why I have asked Eliza Lay Ryan onto A Life and a Living Podcast today.
Eliza is the author of Supermindful: How to Tap Into Your Creativity which teaches us how to connect with our own genius more deeply and shift into new ways of seeing. Her interesting background in that arts as an actress and teacher of theater arts served as a catalyst for writing this book. She has taken what she has learned through the creative arts and has married the insights together with science to support greater creativity and resilience. In today’s episode she and I discuss the tools she gives in her book and on her website to deal with challenges, fears, and issues that keep us up at night. She gives us the tools and motivation to “zoom out” and use our creativity to be more aware and mindful of the present day.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Eliza’s Background in Theater
- How Acting Techniques Can Apply to General Life
- Why Eliza Wrote Supermindful and Why That Title Was Chosen
- The Connection Between Creativity and Neuroscience
- Mindfulness, Awareness, and the Dialogue Between What’s Happening and What You Want to Happen
- Showing Up More Fully As You Are
- Coping With the Past and Present and Creating the Future
- Connecting With Life and Asking the Moment for What It Needs
- The Tools Eliza Provides
- The Mindset of Curiosity
- Internalizing the Qualities of Those You Admire
- Asking Why Instead of Judging
- When In Doubt, Zoom Out
- Choosing How You Think
- Eliza’s Book Recommendation and Daily Rituals
About Our Guest:
A speaker, teacher, and performing artist, Eliza Lay Ryan has led acting programs and taught supermindfulness practices to people from all over the world. She collaborates in teaching and researching with leaders in neuroscience, business, wellness, and education. Eliza Lay Ryan marries insights from science and the arts to offer practices that support greater creativity, resilience, and connection. The goal of supermindful is to make curiosity, rather than fear, the default setting of the world so we can work together for a better future.
To reach Eliza, go to his website: www.supermindful.co.
Links and Resources:
- Supermindful: How to Tap Into Your Creativity by Eliza Lay Ryan
- Supermindful Home Page
- Eliza Lay Ryan on LinkedIn
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast