Stress should not be viewed as something dreadful. We all need a certain amount of stress in our lives – it keeps us sharp, it motivates us, it drives us forward.
Where stress becomes a negative is when we do not manage it, and allow it to overwhelm us.
Here is my list of Stress Busters for Everyday Living:
- Have an exercise regime with goals and clear purpose
- Get into power napping
- Tackle something you have been procrastinating about
- Do one thing at a time – quit multi tasking
- Take time out to review your activity
- Go for a walk to take in your surroundings
- Plan your week – the glue for your goals.
- Chat to your pals
- Find fun – don’t have to be serious all the time
- Make time for your family – they are the hub of your world
- Switch off your phone and email at least one evening per week
- Meditate – not as hard as you think (and I thought!)
Stress should be a driving force in your life, not an impediment to your progress.
To listen to the full podcast, check it out here.
If you would like to sharpen your skills as a leader and a manager, then why not take advantage of a free 45 minute session which will give you actions you can take straight away to make you more effective. Then go to www.johnmurphyinternational.com/call to schedule that session.
Thanks to Jodey Smith, my podcasting technical genius, who does all the bits I don’t like for me – the editing, the uploading etc. He is a gem and can be contacted at JodeySmith.com.
Please subscribe to my podcast in iTunes, and leave a review, as this really helps my podcast get greater recognition.