Do you want to overcome the various plateaus in your business and life? Our guest today has been helping people do that! David Shriner-Cahn is the host of the business podcast- Smashing the Plateau. He’s a recognized authority on entrepreneurship and leadership development all the way from New York City.
David is a trained Chemical Engineer who worked in corporate for a few years. He then transitioned to non-profit sectors and spent a couple of decades there. In 2006, David opened up a consulting business. Like many businesses, it has changed over the last 12 years. Its focus now is helping “solopreneurs” generate consistent stable recurring revenue.
“Solopreneurs are people who have deep expertise in a particular or specific area.”
David is also the co-founder of BestNetwork, an expert support network which helps solopreneurs:
- Make more money by developing a system
- Save time through an efficient system
- Scale business and increase profit without a big infrastructure
- Connect with people by powerful marketing engine to feed your business
Source: David Shriner-Cahn LinkedIn
In this episode, David shares to us about:
- What was the driver for his transition?
- The raison d’etre behind the name of David’s podcast, Smashing the Plateau and its content
- Success is not an absolute, it is a scale.
- What is “plateau” and how to deal or overcome these different kinds of plateaus?
- An in-depth explanation of what BestNetwork is all about.
- The proven process called Life-work design.
- The differentiator between those who “smash the plateau” and those who don’t.
- Focus is saying NO.
Book Recommendation, Habits and Where to Get in Touch:
David has read a lot of books that have made an impact but the one which ties up with the things he has shared today is The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan. It talks about the 80/20 rule and how people should design their plan and schedule so that they are focused on the 20% input that will produce 80% of the success they want in life. This book is highly recommended!
David also likes to plan ahead the night before. He makes schedules of the things he needs to do and batch his time, for example, he does all his podcast recordings on one day and does other things the next. He doesn’t sporadically do things but has a clear plan – categorizing and focusing on one thing he needs to accomplish and if he has enough time to do it and do it properly. This shows such amazing discipline!
To get in touch with David, go to smashingtheplateau.com. Click on the Get in Touch button and fill out the form or you can also call their phone number 212-731-0770 and speak to his staff and schedule time to get together with David.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thanks to Jodey Smith, my podcasting technical genius, who does all the bits I don’t
like –the editing, the uploading etc. He is a gem and can be contacted at JodeySmith.com.
Are you ready to be a great leader?
10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders
These 10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders can set you on your journey to lasting success!
Click HERE to download.