Whether we like to admit it or not, most organizations fail massively when it comes to communication. In fact, I bet no company has ever raised their hand and claimed that they have 10 out of 10 communication.
Now, when ineffective communication sets in, this is where misunderstandings enter, resulting in failure and errors. What’s even worse is the huge losses a business could face from these problems. For sure nobody wants that to happen, that’s why we made sure that this topic will be really interesting for those who are fascinated or challenged by effective communication.
To start off, I will be talking to Liz Evenden and Matt Spencer, owners of Business Speakeasy. We will be discussing what it takes to really eliminate and reduce the cost of poor and ineffective communication, tackling three valuable areas as we go, namely: 1) The art of presentation; 2) The unheralded art of effective facilitation and its importance; and 3) The way we approach meetings.
You’re going to learn a lot from this episode so be sure to stay with us until the end.
Topics We Discuss Include:
- How Liz and Matt deliver on the promise of creating a culture of effective communication in a business
- The horrifying results of counting the losses that a company faces due to poor collaboration
- What they ACTUALLY do to make effective communication strategies
- How they change the traditional setup of meetings
- Techniques and advice on how to organize meetings efficiently
- Four principles to follow for effective business communication
- What is a bad facilitator? What makes a great facilitator?
- Difference between facilitation and running effective meetings
- Three things you can do to make your next meeting more productive
- Books that created an impact on their lives
- Matt’s and Liz’s daily rituals
- And much more!
Liz Evenden and Matt Spencer are the owners of The Business Speakeasy, and their aim is to help in creating a culture of effective communication IN and FOR your business. They consider effective communication as a vital part of every business’ success. It is their life’s calling to promote and make the business world a nicer place to be in through effective communication.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Winning Teams Podcast is powered by the winning team at Valher Media.
Are you ready to be a great leader?
10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders
These 10 Key Traits of Top Business Leaders can set you on your journey to lasting success!
Click HERE to download.