For this episode, I am thrilled to have on the author of one of my favorite books, Chris DeSantis. Chris is the author of the phenomenal Why I Find You Irritating: Navigating Generational Friction at Work. In addition to being a great author, Chris is an expert in his field with so much experience with global brands in understanding the changes we’re currently seeing in the workplace.
Now, more than ever, there are more generations working at the same time. It is such an interesting topic and very timely. In our conversation today, Chris shares the differences between people of different generations, what they expect from the workplace, and the changes we will continue to see over time.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Chris’s background and expertise
- The timeliness of his book’s topic
- Bringing clarity to a complex issue
- The differences between the upbringing of each generation
- The impact of Gen Z on the workplace
- The mistakes we make regarding judgment of generations
- The pitfalls of a hierarchy business model for younger employees
- What we need to offer to attract a new workforce
- Chris’s advice for a leader in this situation right now
- Chris’s book recommendations and daily rituals
About Our Guest:
Chris DeSantis is a speaker, author, consultant, and most recently podcaster specializing in Management and Organizational Development issues and interventions. He specializes in assisting individuals or groups in identifying and overcoming obstacles to effectiveness. He brings with him thirty-eight years of experience in training and development. He has an undergraduate degree in business from the University of Notre Dame, a graduate degree in Organizational Development from Loyola University in Chicago, an MBA from the University of Denver, and previous work experience in manufacturing, professional services, and not-for-profit environments. Why I Find You Irritating: Navigating Generational Friction at Work is the culmination of speaking on or about this topic over the past fifteen years. You can also listen to his advice podcast, “Cubicle Confidential” along with his co-host, Mary Abbajay.
Connect with Chris DeSantis:
- Why I Find You Irritating: Navigating Generational Friction at Work by Chris DeSantis
- Chris DeSantis Home Page
- Chris DeSantis on LinkedIn
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Winning Teams Podcast