Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Covid shut down so many facets of our lives, including the workplace. But for companies like Merck Pharmaceuticals, the business goals had to stay the same. Although everyone was and still are working from home, how did Merck’s leaders manage huge teams of people to maintain business objectives?
Today’s guest is Drew Otoo. He is the Vice President of Marketing at Merck and Global Commercial Lead for Pneumococcal & Zoster Vaccines and our conversation today is such inspiration for leaders during this challenging time. What makes Drew’s approach impactful is his crystal clear vision and plan for moving through new working conditions.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- The Approach Drew Took to Manage and Lead His Team
- Using Virtual Tools to Stay Organized and in Communication
- Minimizing the Separation Between Colleagues Across the World
- Investing in People and Putting Them First
- Keeping in Mind the Reality of the Situation
- The Evolution of Expectations
- Experimenting with Team Ideas
- What Drew Found Out About His Team Through Covid
- The Importance of Planning and Purpose
- Drew’s Ideas for the Future in the Workplace
About Our Guest:
Andrew Otoo is the Vice President of Marketing at Merck and Global Commercial Lead for Pneumococcal & Zoster Vaccines. He received his MBA focused in Healthcare Marketing and Pharmacy from Drake University.
To reach Andrew Otoo or contact someone within Merck Pharmaceuticals, go to Merck’s website: www.merck.com.
Connect with Drew Otoo:
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast