Recently, the tables were turned and I was honored to be a guest on The Donald Thompson Podcast. Shared here is that very episode and it was such a great experience. Donald is a fabulous speaker and fellow business coach as well as a great podcast host.
In this special episode, Donald and I discuss a topic that is very dear to my heart: Managing your career. In addition to our discussion on challenging yourself and ensuring that you are doing your current job well, the key message from this episode is to take control and ownership of the work you are doing and the direction you are headed in.
Thank you, Donald, for giving me an opportunity to speak with you on your podcast! Everyone, take a listen to learn more about how to proactively manage your own career and optimize your potential.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- John’s Background in the Corporate World
- Coaching Others and Putting Teams Together
- Slowing Down to Reflect on What You Really Want in a Career
- Proactively Managing Your Own Career
- Your Desired Roles and Work Environments
- Determining the Gap Between Where You Are and Where You Want to Be
- Time Blocking and Why It is Crucial to Meeting Goals
- The Value of a Coach
- Investing Yourself in Relationships
- Being a Leader That is Worth Following
About Donald Thompson:
With two decades of experience growing and leading firms, Donald Thompson is a thought leader on goal achievement, influencing company culture and driving exponential growth. As an entrepreneur, Donald has led companies which have attained successful exits with strong returns for shareholders and employees. As a Certified Diversity Executive, Donald is a champion of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and actively raises awareness and commitment.
Donald is currently CEO of Walk West, a digital marketing firm recognized by Inc. as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US in 2018, 2019, and 2020 and the founder of The Diversity Movement, which works to embed diversity, equity, and inclusion into the core of doing business.
To reach Donald, go to his website: https://donaldthompson.com/
Connect with Donald Thompsom:
- The Donald Thompson Podcast
- Donald Thompson Coaching
- The Diversity Movement Home Page
- The Diversity Movement on Instagram
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast