While the world is fighting against the recent pandemic, many business owners—big or small—are also fighting to keep their businesses afloat. Company morale has reached an all-time low and leaders are having a hard time keeping everything and everyone together.
However, finding the right way to inspire your team is crucial in boosting your company’s performance. During these times where keeping a close watch over your team’s productivity can prove to be challenging, working around it in an organized and scientific fashion may be the key to keeping your team motivated.
Today, we have Lindsay McGregor, co-founder of the organization called Vega Factor and co-author of the bestselling book “Primed to Perform,” to talk to us about how you can harmonize and embed motivation into your team.
Tune in today and get some useful insights into the science and practice of motivation.
- The management differences between then and now and its challenges [02:39]
- How to set harmony within the team [05:00]
- How being proactive and planning ahead affects team motivation [08:00]
- Micromanagement affects motivation, visibility helps it [09:10]
- Motivation in a real-life situation—getting the right rhythm in your team [10:44]
- What is performance? Tactical performance and adaptive performance defined [13:18]
- Tactical and adaptive performance: how are they different and how do they work together? [17:39]
- Keeping adaptive performance fresh [19:34]
- ToMo—the science and practice of motivation [21:00]
- Six reasons that affect total motivation [22:20]
- Improving organizational culture to get positive results [25:53]
- What three tools are required to change an organization’s culture? [29:07]
About our Guest:
Lindsay McGregor is a co-founder of Vega Factor and co-author of the bestselling book “Primed to Perform,” which explains the psychology of the success of several multi-billion dollar companies, and how motivation boosts company performance. Formerly a consultant at McKinsey & Company, she received her BA from Princeton University and MBA from Harvard Business School.
Get access to their resources at www.primedtoperform.com.
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast