The world is an ever-changing place with diverse people and cultures. Starting out as a way to promote multicultural marketing, The Diversity Movement has become so much more. The Diversity Movement was founded in late 2019, but with Covid-19 and the many ongoing racial injustice events in the United States in 2020, its mission has become even more important.
Today’s guest is Kurt Merriweather, the head of products and co-founder of The Diversity Movement. He is an accomplished product strategist and marketing executive with a passion for helping leaders and organizations identify and implement growth strategies. With over 20 years of experience, Kurt has worked for global brands like Discovery, AOL, Procter and Gamble, and was VP of Strategy and Transformation at Walk West.
In this episode, Kurt and I discuss the positive impact DEI has on every business and the steps The Diversity Movement is taking to ensure DEI is a part of your company’s culture.
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Covid-19 and Racial Injustice as Catalysts in 2020
- Understanding Multicultural Marketing
- The Cost of Having a Toxic Culture
- Leading a Diverse Team
- The Hard Data That Supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity in the Workplace
- The Broadness of Diversity – It’s Not Just Race
- The Right People, Policies, and Practices
- Understanding the Leadership Differences to Unlock Potential
- Removing Barriers for Full Participation
- Customer Focused Business of the Present vs. Product Focused Business of the Past
- Engagement With a Purpose
- The Role of The Diversity Movement in Transformation
- eLearning Courses Provided by The Diversity Movement
- Kurt’s Book Recommendation and Daily Ritual
About Our Guest:
Kurt Merriweather, Head of Products at The Diversity Movement and a Certified Diversity Executive (CDE), is an accomplished product strategist and marketing executive with a passion for helping leaders and organizations identify and implement growth strategies. Before co-founding The Diversity Movement, Kurt was VP of Strategy and Transformation at Walk West where he was responsible for leading the consulting and strategy practice and developing new business concepts and ventures. His approach to advising clients and developing strategy blends a unique combination of creative thinking and data analysis. With over 20 years of experience, Kurt has worked for global brands like Discovery, AOL, and Procter & Gamble, where he developed technology products and solutions, created go-to-market strategies, led multidisciplinary teams to spinout new ventures, and received a patent for developing a streaming media application.
To reach Kurt, go to The Diversity Project’s website: https://thediversitymovement.com/
Connect with Kurt Merriweather:
- The Diversity Movement Website
- The Diversity Movement Courses
- Kurt Merriweather on LinkedIn
- Kurt Merriweather on Twitter
Connect with John Murphy:
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. Thanks for tuning in!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Life and A Living Podcast