Do you ever feel total overwhelm about what you should be doing to get your business where you want it to be?
The good news is – you are not alone!!
In fact I would go so far as to say it is just one of the symptoms of owning your own business.
Truthfully, it is also not a problem that most speak of – after all, it does not sound too clever to be suffering from overwhelm, does it?
But, it is a fact of life, and needs to be dealt with seriously.
You know, years ago, it was all so very simple – you made calls, got appointments and that was it!
Today, you have a plethora of options – you can blog, be on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, Twitter etc.!
You can also have your own You Tube channel and then you can create your own series of podcasts!
You can look at video marketing, be best in class as SEO so your content ranks higher!
You can pay for ads on social media and be a genius at email marketing!
It is exhausting, isn’t it – and that’s just thinking about it!!
How do I know so much about this overwhelm? Because I have suffered it too – and I have seen my clients suffering with this too.
One thing I do know is that we are rarely short of ideas – that is true of the vast majority of us!
However, what we are short on is – implementation! And, even more specifically – implementation of the right things!
So, far the last few minutes, I have been going on about the problem – so, “what about the solution, John” I hear you say!
Well I do have the solution – and it does work, when implemented properly, of course.
Some years back I was introduced to the concept of the One Page 90 Day Plan – sounds simple, doesn’t it? Well, truthfully, it is simple – and it needs to be!
Quite simply, attacking overwhelm with a complicated solution will only increase the overwhelm – and that is not a good idea!
Why does a 90 Day Plan work well? Well, here are a couple of reasons:
- it is a long enough period during which you can get meaningful things done
- it is a short enough period that you can really have an impact
- it drives you to make choices – focusing on the priority items that will drive your business
- it gives you a process you can rinse and repeat – assessing what is and is not working, and what changes you can make to the next 90 Day period.
What is included on this plan?
There are 4 key parts to the plan and they are as follows:
- Financial goals – to include income by product lines/services, and your expenses for the period
- Marketing goals – what marketing you need to do to generate the leads for that level of income.
- System goals – the systems you need to have in place that can automate what is possible, and track what must be done.
- Project goals – what projects you must undertake to deliver on your financial goals.
Very simple, very straightforward and simply managed. Most clients get all of this in one page, but I would never allow it to get past 2 pages.
The benefits of this 90 Day Plan?
- Clarity about what you must focus on.
- A track to run your business on – you look at this on a daily basis. No more just being busy – you are focused on work that will deliver results, week in, week out.
- Higher level of energy as you know you are in control.
- All overwhelm is eliminated
I promise you this works. I use it in my own business, so I know. My clients will also vouch for its success too!
So, reduce the overwhelm – start making that One Page 90 Day Plan. It works – and it’s simple!