John Shumate is committed to providing a platform for budding entrepreneurs to build their business - but at a reasonable price! Hence, the Wall St and Walmart title!
John is the founder of Venture First, a boutique financial services group that is focused on empowering entrepreneurs.
In this interview you will hear the following:
- What the greatest need any early stage business needs to satisfy - the acquisition and retention of talent.
- Why you should be prepared to give up more equity to get the capital you require
- Rule of thumb when seeking capital investment
- The need to recognise that all important “pivot” and to act upon it
- Why you should increase everything by 20% - you need to listen!!
John also shares his own personal story as a cancer patient and what he has learned from dealing with that on an ongoing basis.
His book recommendation is: Hard Things about Hard Things by Ben Horowitz.
You can check out John at www.venturefirst.com.
Click HERE to listen to John Shumate.